Sunday 23 December 2012

ROSE IN BLOOM


ROSE IN BLOOM
                                                                                        Orjiebele Malachy
Sought for hope in a clouded day
Apparel so dim and not a single ray
So weird with gloom as a grave
And hopeless like crane that crave

It’s like a journey in lightless terrain
Through tunnels with no light’s stain
And like it rains out there in the city
So are tears in this heart’s city

Ah! But now I see that ray drop
Drops of tears it begins to mop
Where I’d seen gloom I now see bloom
An ‘anewed’ hope is begun to groom

It’s all been because that ray did drop
And lightened, insects could hop
Roses could bloom and become brave
And enlighten the gloom on the grave

I then chart my way still every day
Striving in such strong strength to see the way
Rays moping tears in this heart
As sun rays dry-up rain in city’s path


No comments:

Post a Comment